A woman with a talent for numbers, Alexandra Scott wanted to escape the rat race and go someplace where the men outnumber the women. Trading in her Wall Street job and fancy condo for a rundown cabin in the woods. She's now Alaskan Wilderness Woman. It isn't long before she finds exactly what she's looking for#58; one sexy pilot named Michael Casey. But this confirmed bachelor has no intentions of getting caught in any woman's crosshairs#8212;especially a hunter as appealing as Alex. It'll take skill, determination, and a little romantic persuasion for this big-game hunter to bag her prey.
Heat: 2 out of 5
Rating: 4 out of 5
Manhunt by Janet Evanovich had me smiling the whole time I was reading. I just love her! Her characters are quirky and strong willed. Alexandra Scott drops her current life as a successful executive in New Jersey on a whim and trades her home for a "cabin" and hardware store in Alaska sight unseen, trudging cross country with a senior Rottweiler with an eating fetish that gets him in a bit of trouble. Namely flying overboard after a donut. "Michael Casey couldn't believe his eyes. That crazy broad just deep-sixed her dog!" Not only did he end up with a broken nose trying to save said dog but then got stuck with Alex, who was on the hunt for a husband, living on his mountain in a cabin that was far from livable.
Alex really was so unprepared for life in Alaska and her new home impossibly unlivable but damn if that girl didn't have guts and determination to make it work. I think that's why I love her so much. It's something that I've been tempted to do on more than on occasion. Just jump into an entirely new life and adventure. If a Casey was guaranteed with it I'd be on the next plane out. I just loved Casey and how exasperated he was over Alex. How worried he was about her and making sure she was safe even though it drove him crazy. It was a fun adventure watching them get her home set up and the two of them driving each other slightly batty. It won't change the world but it was a nice way to spend a couple hours on a cold winter day especially if you just need a light hearted funny read.
The Herd Archives
- ► 2016 (341)
- ► 2015 (496)
- ► 2014 (585)
- ► 2013 (565)
- Recipes: Mozzarella Sticks
- Under Fire (Firefighters of Station Five #2) by Jo...
- January 2012 wrap up!
- In My Mailbox!
- January Hot Reads! Glory in Death by JD Robb
- Naked in Death (In Death #1) by JD Robb
- Recipes: Spinach Cheese Balls
- Follow Friday- get it away!!!
- Witchful Thinking (Jolie Wilkins #3) by H.P. Mallo...
- Wordless Wednesday...forgotten
- Hide & Seek (Games of Zeus #1) by Aimee Laine
- Some Girls Bite Read Along- Week 4!
- Wolf at the Door (The Others #1) by Christine Warr...
- In My Mailbox!
- Follow Friday- the craziest thing?
- Lothaire (Immortals After Dark #12) by Kresley Col...
- Wordless Wednesday... I has a...SMILE!
- Some Girls Bite Read Along Chapters 9-12
- Shift (Shifters #5) by Rachel Vincent
- My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers #1) by Rachel Vinc...
- Recipes: Cafe Mocha Chocolate Tort
- In My Mailbox!
- The Unquiet anthology
- 4 stars-- Kiss of Fire (Dragonfire #1) by Deborah ...
- 2 stars--Santa Baby by Alesia Holliday
- 4 stars--Manhunt by Janet Evanovich
- Wordless Wednesday...Wandering around Italy
- Some Girls Bite Read Along- Week 2!
- Follow Friday! It's my first :)
- Soul Screamers Reading Challenge!
- Tasty Delights: Shepherds Pie
- Prey (Shifters #4) by Rachel Vincent
- Midnight Alley & Feast of Fools (Morganville Vampi...
- New Year....New Blog
- ▼ January (34)