Aw. The last week. Loved the book and getting to reread it with other fans. Was fun getting to see different reactions to everything!
1. Chapter 13 opens with Merit describing her new job routine as House Sentinel. Considering that every job Cadogan House is important in helping to make the house run efficiently, which job do you think you'd like to have (guard, cook, social director, gardener, etc.) and why?
Oh I would LOVE to be house cook. I love cooking and baking. Trying new dishes, making old favorites and putting things together for large groups. Yeah I could definitely get behind being house cook. Plus they're vampires and don't really have to watch their weight so I could make yummy things like Mocha Chocolate Torts and cookies all the time and not have to worry about it. Ah, heaven.
It would really depend on the house for me. Cadogan, sure, no problem. I could totally make that work. The sporty Grey house. I'd really rather poke my eye out. I'd spend all my time with my eyes glazed over if I had to listen and live sports. But overall I think I'd go House instead of Rogue. The Rogues seem a little too hard for my taste and really I'm such a girl. I like living comfortably and safe. Knowing I'd have some money coming in and someone to go to with problems. Plus I've never lived with a big group of people before and think it could be entertaining even with all the drama that comes with it.
3. After Morgan openly asks to court Merit, she feels betrayed when Ethan commands her to accept for the show of alliance it could bring to Cadogan House. Do you think her reaction was warranted?
You know. I think I would have been just as upset. The idea of playing with Morgan for a bit isn't really that big of a hardship in and of itself but the whole thing would have ticked me off. I don't like being used especially when it comes to relationships. She's supposed to trust Ethan and be one of his to protect. On top of that there is a definite something between the two of them. To just hand her over for political reasons was slimy and I would have felt just as hurt and betrayed by him. I would have wanted to slap both Morgan and Ethan around for putting me in that kind of a position and not treating me like more than a bargaining chip.
4. When Ethan meets with the perpetrator of the murders, were you surprised to discover who it was? If you suspected someone, were your suspensions correct? What did you think of the perpetrator's motive?
By the end I figured that was how it was going to play out. I don't remember thinking Amber would play a part when I read it the first time but Celina was on my radar. There were just too many off things going on in connection to her house. Her motives. Vamp is crazy.
5. What was your favorite/least favorite parts of Some Girls Bite?
I'm probably going to go against most but my least favorite part is Mallory. I don't know why but the girl rubbed me the wrong way from the start. I've read ahead and feel kind of justified in not liking her now but even in the beginning I just wanted less of her around.
Favorites? I love Ethan. Even before reading ahead and falling more for him. I love characters that just don't know how to act right or say the right things when it comes to the opposite sex. He's forever putting his foot in his month and doing things that make me want to slap my forehead and mutter "oh, Ethan, really?". And I really just like seeing him challenged and faced with things things he's not used too. Jeff's another favorite. I just want to squeeze him.
6. What do you think is coming up next for Merit, Sentinel of Cadogan House? Will you continue reading this series, and if so, what do you hope to see happen in the next book?
I've already read the rest of the series (and can't wait for the next book) so I know how it plays out but when I read the first time I wanted things to move along with Ethan and Merit. I like both of them and the fiery reactions to each other. I also love when they just banter easily like when they had hotdogs with Mallory and Catcher. So really I wanted Ethan to just get a clue when it came to Merit and make things right with her. For Merit as Sentinel I wanted to see her fighting skills keep improving and see her take a bigger part in the house. But I want her to actually enjoy it and find peace with who and what she is and not just feel like it's her obligation to do the job.