Since we seem to have left winter behind here I decided to get started on some plantings and getting my deck all nice and pretty again for Spring.
This year I really wanted to do an herb garden but was having trouble finding the perfect spot. Instead of having them tucked in here or there in the deck railing boxes like I usually do I decided to pull out all of my mint, chives, lavender, rosemary and oregano and get a little creative with them and make an herb tree of sorts.
Total cost was around $20 for the aluminum cans and heavy duty wire used to attach them. Only $1 of that was wasted on something I'll never eat. Everything else went into making a nice soup. Already had the spray paint from a past project, the pot and the trellis sitting around. LOVE LOVE LOVE getting to recycle old things and items you'd usually just toss out and create something fun and new! And a little funky too!
It took less than 2 hours with drying time included. Not bad! It was an easy project although attaching the cans took a bit of effort to figure out how to make sure they were secured and wouldn't fall or tip over. I can't wait for all of the seeds to start growing and the other plants to really take root. So far there are chives, 2 strawberries, lavender, oregano, thyme, a tomato plant in the very center, 2 types of basil, rosemary, orange mint and a leek.
Have you ever done an herb garden?? If so how'd you do yours? I've seen some really neat ones over the years!
The Herd Archives
- ► 2016 (401)
- ► 2015 (496)
- ► 2014 (585)
- ► 2013 (565)
- Deliver Me From Darkness (Paladin Warriors #1) by ...
- Follow Friday- one book or two?
- Bitten (Women of the Otherworld #1) by Kelly Armst...
- Wordless Wednesday....embarrassment thy name is Ut...
- Hot Reads! March!
- Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville #1) by...
- Never Again (Wizards of Nevermore #1) by Michele B...
- Blue Moon (Nightcreature #1) by Lori Handeland
- Follow Friday! Longest Reads?
- Wordless Wednesday...Studebaker bits
- Hexbound (Dark Elite #2) by Chloe Neill
- Firespell (Dark Elite #1) by Chloe Neill
- Really Unusual Bad Boys by MaryJanice Davidson
- Follow Friday....the best and the worst!
- My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers #2) by Rachel Vinc...
- Girly Crafty Project 2! Creating an herb garden!
- Feelin Lucky Hop Winner and more!
- How to Woo a Reluctant Lady (Hellions of Halstead ...
- A Hellion in Her Bed (Hellions of Halstead Hall #2...
- The Truth about Lord Stoneville (Hellions of Halst...
- Recipes: Fried Plantains
- Follow Friday!
- Wordless Wednesday...what's in your water??
- Feeling Lucky Blog Hop!!
- Recipes: Spinach Manicotti
- The Secret Life of Bryan (Visitation, NC #2) by Lo...
- Say No to Joe? (Visitation, NC #1) by Lori Foster
- Follow Friday
- Take My Books!
- Random Reads! March: Never Again
- ▼ March (30)