Ack. [R]unning way late with today's post and I'm so blaming Jill Shalvis! I picked her book Simply Irresistible up early this morning and I just couldn't put the thing down long enough to come up with my R post. She's a terrible terrible woman! An excellent book and so very worth it :)
I'm going with [R]educe, [R]euse and [R]ecycle for today's post. All 77 minutes left of it. Well, even less by the time I get through the post together!
I love coming up with new uses for things that are just lying around the house.
Earlier this year I decided to do up an herb garden [R]ecycling soup cans and [R]eused an old trellis, pot and leftover spray paint from another project. I did have to buy a couple things for it like heavy wire and the seeds but that was about it. Some of the plants were transplanted from other places as well. I think total cost ended up being about $20 if you counted the cans purchased. It was pretty fun turning random things that would have been tossed or ignored into something useful.
My newest challenge for myself started yesterday. I guess it could go along with [R]educe? Was cleaning out the fridge and was pretty horrified by how much had gone bad and had to be tossed. What a waste! So, decided to see how long I could go without actually buying groceries.
Clearing out the pantry, fridge and freezer. All those things that get bought over time and tucked away never to be seen again.
So far I made some chocolate chip pancakes and have a veggie chili on the stove with all kinds of yummy things. Using a green pepper I probably would have forgotten about until it was too late.
I'll probably end up buying some fresh veggies since I'm a vegetarian and, well, they're kinda needed. But other than that hopefully nothing else for a while.
The Herd Archives
- ► 2015 (294)
- ► 2014 (587)
- ► 2013 (565)
- Surf's Up anthology w/ Davidson, Bangs and Denison...
- Zachary (A to Z)
- Yodeling.....cats. (A to Z)
- WOTO Mini Challenge #1!
- Stolen (Women of the Otherworld #2) by Kelley Arms...
- April Hot Reads!
- X....uh....um....yes,okay....x (A to Z)
- True Confessions (Gospel, Idaho #1) by Rachel Gibs...
- What in Thunder?!? (A to Z)
- Follow Friday- the break up!
- Used Bookstores and Vacation! (A to Z)
- Things I wish had NEVER been in my mouth! (A to Z)...
- Spooky Foods! (A to Z)
- Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor #1) by Jill Shal...
- Running late! Reduce, Reuse and Recycle! (A to Z)
- Quirks (A to Z)
- Smart and Sexy (Sky High Air #1) by Jill Shalvis
- Follow Friday - the fight!
- Preston's Penis (A to Z)
- High Stakes (Vegas Vampires #1) by Erin McCarthy
- Oatmeal Cookies (A to Z)
- Naked Edge (I-Team #4) by Pamela Clare (A to Z)
- Hunky Hero Giveaway Hop!
- Come Hell or High Water (Broken Heart #6) by Miche...
- My Little Corner of the World (A to Z)
- Lollipops (A to Z)
- Follow Friday
- Ketchup (A to Z)
- Tallchief by Dinah McCall (April Random Read)
- Just the girls. (A to Z)
- the I-Team and Pamela Clare (A to Z)
- Just a Hint- Clint! (Visitation, NC #4) by Lori Fo...
- Heroes (A to Z)
- Ride the Fire (Firefighters of Station Five #5) by...
- Gladys Joy (A to Z)
- Fun Foto Fails (A to Z)
- Follow Friday
- Easter Treats (A to Z)
- My Soul To Keep (Soul Screamers #3) by Rachel Vinc...
- Delicious David Gandy (A to Z)
- The Conquest (Peregrine #2) By Jude Deveraux
- Wordless Wednesday....the drive to Charlotte
- Cupcakes are the devil. (A to Z)
- Book Signings! (A to Z)
- Animal Rescue (A to Z)
- Random Reads! April: Tallchief
- ▼ April (46)