Tasty Delights and Dazzling Disasters is all about playing in the kitchen and having some fun.
I'll share my delights or my disasters. Yall feel free to join in and create your own posts, share your favorite recipes, what have you.
My friend Tonya posted this recipe to one of our FB groups.
She's always got the best semi-homemade recipes and I just had to try it.
The original was for pepperoni but I opted for onion and green peppers. And damn it was good!
Mix your egg yolks, parmesan and spices then spread over your pizza crust.
Layer on whatever ingredients you'd like.
Roll and tuck!
Make sure all edges are pinched closed before moving on or it'll get a bit messy when baking.
Brush with egg whites then bake.
Aannnd dinner. It was so easy and omg yeah it was good!
Serve plain or with a bit of marinara.
It's best right after baking. Leftovers got just a little bit soggy but were still pretty good :)
So, what's your favorite semi-homemade creation?
Semi-homemade Stromboli Recipe
1 Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust (they come in the cans)
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 pound pepperoni or veggies
1/2 pound (2 cups) mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Open up your crust and roll out flat. It will be a rectangle shape.
- Separate your egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl and mix your Parmesan cheese, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, pepper and vegetable oil.
- Spread your mixture evenly onto your crust. (I used a spatula to spread)
- Layer on all of your pepperoni or veggies
- Top with all of the cheese.
- Starting on one end, roll up like a jelly roll and pinch ends and seams together.
- Brush the outside of the dough with your egg whites (I used a pastry brush to do this)
- Spray some non-stick cooking spray onto a baking sheet and place your stromboli on top.
- Bake in 350° oven for about 20-25 minutes.