Tasty Delights and Dazzling Disasters is all about playing in the kitchen and having some fun.
I'll share my delights or my disasters. Yall feel free to join in and create your own posts, share your favorite recipes, what have you.
So, I was going to make snickerdoodle muffins this week but my charmer of an energy efficient fridge decided to freeze my eggs. *hangs head* So I called up my mama and she sent me her recipe for peanut butter cups instead :) So not a healthy for you one but kinda worth it. lol
Combine your crushed graham crackers and powdered sugar.
Mix in your melted butter.
And then peanut butter. Make sure it's really mixed well.
I might have snagged some at this point. It was so good!
Line your pan with aluminum foil. You don't have to do this step but it makes it easier in the long run.
Press your cracker mix into bottom of pan.
Then pour on melted chocolate and smooth it out over entire sheet.
Refrigerate for ONE hour. Then remove and slice into bars.
If you wait much longer the chocolate gets too firm and will crack instead of slice.
These are really freaking sweet. So make your bars small.
I made mine a little too large and dang yeah could barely finish one. lol
What's your favorite peanut butter based dessert?
Utterly Ridiculous Peanut Butter 'Cups' Recipe
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (takes about 14 crackers)
1 lb. powdered sugar
2 sticks melted butter
1 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
24 to 30 oz. Hershey Bars
- Mix cracker crumbs and powdered sugar.
- Stir in melted butter, then peanut butter. Mix well. Spread in 9 x 13 pan.
- Melt chocolate over low heat, stirring often.
- Pour over peanut butter mixture & spread evenly.
- Chill in refrigerator for one hour. Slice & serve.
- Do not leave in refrigerator over one hour because the chocolate will get too hard and crack when it is cut.