Tasty Delights and Dazzling Disasters is all about playing in the kitchen and having some fun.
I'll share my delights or my disasters. Yall feel free to join in and create your own posts, share your favorite recipes, what have you.
Pizza...is my weakness. Not even gonna lie. I'd eat it every day if I could get away with it. *nods*
So I saw this "healthier" option on Pinterest and decided to give it a whirl.
And I loved it!
Now, it doesn't replace pizza pizza but it was fun and tasty and so one I'll make again.
Simple ingredients. Pick whatever spices you'd like in yours and go for it.
Ground up your raw cauliflower until it's coarse like grits.
Mix with other ingredients.
Form into pizza shape.
And bake until golden. Add your pre-cooked toppings and heat.
I was really surprised with this one. It actually had a springy almost dough like quality to the crust.
Not sure how. Not sure why. Don't really care.
It was yummeh!
I'll still have regular pizza but this will definitely be one I make to tide me over between cravings.
Cauliflower Crust Pizza Recipe (for printable recipe click HERE)
1 cup cauliflower (ground)
1 cup Mozarrella cheese plus some for topping the pizza
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
spices to taste--1 teaspoon basil/oregano
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Pizza toppings of choice
- Heat over to 450.
- In food processor grind raw cauliflower until it's grainy like grits. Transfer to bowl and microwave 4 minutes. Then let cool slightly
- Combine 1 egg, 1 cup mozarrella, 1/4 cup parmesan, spices spices and 1 cup of the cooked cauliflower (let it cool just a bit from the microwave).
- Mush it all together and flatten it out on a pan lined with parchment.
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes. Turn off oven and let it stay in there 5 more minutes.
- Add sauce, remaining cheese and toppings that are pre-cooked and let them sit in oven until melted. About 5 minutes
[Are you a blogger? Leave your link so I can visit you too! ~Anna]