1) If you were a super hero what powers would you have?
I was tagged for a Liebster Award by Fiza over at I'll Read Till I Drop and figured...sure! I'm always up for fun Q&As and talking about mwah! ::snort:: So here goes...
Hmm either time manipulation or night vision. Both would be oh so handy for extra reading time or reading in bed at night :)
2) If you had three wishes from a non-tricky genie, what would you wish for?
- A self cleaning house. Fuck me. That would be incredible.
- Being able to eat anything I wanted without having to deal with those damn calories
- The herd babes never getting sick.
Bugs. I hate bugs. Other than ladybugs and rollie pollies. All other bugs are a No. Go. ::shudders::
4) Which movie or book title would best depict your life story? Why?
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
5) What is your weirdest “quirk”?
Oh hell. I'm seriously one big quirk. I'm a vegetarian who runs an animal rescue but absolutely loathes nature and is freaked out by bugs, birds, all things that slither. Baby rabbits. Worms that lunge.
The ocean and all unchlorinated water are completely off limits for me. Too many freaky things in them and no way. Fish with teeth, seaweed, shipwrecks.
I'm totally freaked out by dead bodies being where dead bodies should not be ex--the aforementioned water.
I don't like coffee but LOVE coffee ice cream. Same goes with coconuts. Can't eat them but love them as shampoo.
6) What has left the most lasting impression on you?
Wow. It's bad but I can't think of any specific thing.
7) What would you hope to see yourself doing in 5 years?
Oh hell. I don't even want to think about that age yet. Holy cow I'll have a mini little freak out right here on the blog. lol Hopefully something book related in more than just a blogger sense. No idea really. I'm pretty content with how things are now though hell if there's a totally sexy man candy that's just mine that might not be bad.
8) Would you spend a night in a haunted house? You’ll be rewarded for it….mwhaha
Yeah I totally would as long as I had someone there with me. I've I stayed on the Queen Mary which is the most haunted ship or some such thing and we went ghost hunting down in the boiler rooms while there. Plus stayed at a haunted hotel off the Georgia coast one weekend and had a ghostly encounter that kept unlocking our room door/knocking on the door and things like that. Totally freaked us out. So sure. I'm game.
My mama. She's a pretty awesome lady. We don't always see eye to eye on things but she's always there when I need her, encourages me even if she doesn't really get why I want to do something and is a very giving and generous person. And she's just...her and to heck with what others think of her.
10) Not really a question but take the title of the last book you’ve read and add “with a Chainsaw”
lol Whisper to Me with a Chainsaw. Ouch.
11) What is your Top 5 (I'm making this 6 sorry Fi!) books you’d recommend from all the books you’ve read last year?
- Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye--So sexy and very unique--5 star review
- Cum for Bigfoot by Virginia Wade--Monster Porn--It's so bad it's good--1.5 star review
- After Hours by Cara McKenna--Sexy as hell, takes place on a psych ward--5 star review
- The Duchess Hunt by Jennifer Haymore--Sexy fun historical w/ mystery--5 star review
- Safeword: Quinacridone by Candace Blevins--kinkiest thing I've ever read plus made fisting romantic. Color me surprised--4 star review
- Wilde Nights in Paradise by Tonya Burrows--excellent rom suspense, so sexy and fun--5 star review
Aaaaannd I was tagged in the Chocolate Book Tag by Lola over at Lola's Book Reviews.
And it's all about 2 of my favorite things. Chocolate and Books. How...could I resist. Only thing better would be if Man Candies were somehow involved. *nods*
Basically what books does each type of chocolate remind me of :)
(A book that covers a dark topic--abuse, domestic violence, rape, loneliness, bullying, death etc)
Hrm. I read some dark ones but not quite along those lines. So, I'm going to go with some of the later Cherise Sinclair Club Shadowland books that deal with the sex slave and human trafficking "industry" and subs being kidnapped from clubs. There are some pretty gut wrenching moments.
(Your favourite light hearted/humorous read)
I've got two different ones. First very romancy but not too steamy or serious are the early Janet Evanovich books. She wrote close to a dozen of them and they just make me smile. Quirky, easy, sweet reads. Then Shelly Laurenston and her Pride series. They crack me up and are just the best shifter books out there.
(A book that has a lot of hype that you’re dying to read)
Yeah. I pretty much avoid all of these. I don't like a lot of the ones that land in this category. Though I guess Patricia Brigg's last or Ilona Andrews' next. They get some hype but not insane amounts that aren't realistic. And they're just incredible writers :)
Chocolate with a Caramel Centre
(Name a book that made you feel all gooey in the middle while you were reading it.)
Tessa Bailey's Line of Duty series. Okay. So probably not the all gooey you're talking about but whew they make me all melty with their dirty talking heroes.
Wafer Free Kit Kat
(Name a book that surprised you lately)
Whisper to Me by Christina Lee and The True Believers series by Erin McCarthy. Both NA which is something I don't usually go for but all books I totally ended up loving.
(A book that you are going nuts about.)
Hrm. Currently Keep Me Closer by Rhyanna Byrd. Or Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye. Or Spirited by Mary Behre. All had me giddy reading them :)
Hot Chocolate with Cream and Marshmallows
(What book would you turn to for a comfort read?)
JD Robb's In Death series. I just feel like I'm coming home when I read those even though some of the bits are gritty. It's the characters. I just adore them and love being around them.
Box of Chocolates
(What series have you read that you feel has a wide variety and a little something for everyone?)
Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters. Greek mythology, vampires, shifters, humans. Romance, action, humor. Friendships. Interesting locale--NOLA.
Alright yall. Your turn!
I'm not tagging anyone specific but would love to hear your responses to some of these
so use those comments and share your weirdness with me!