Whew yall I can't believe August is already over! It was quite the month and dang I hardly remembered the beginning of it until going through posts for this. lol
I turned a year older this month *flails*, went to the AAD signing and got to meet some of the awesome blogger ladies from my state and visit with some fab authors, started on a super secret event that I'll hopefully be able to tell yall about soon (eep it's killing me not sharing!) and will soon have an authors services page up. Probably next week on that. The blog went through some tweaks and nudges and should all be working again for those on IE.
Other than that the herd is doing fantastic and Francie feeling good and naughty. It's such a relief! I've been cooking again and having a great time with it :) and am starting Sept excited about what's in the works and nicely relaxed on the home front :) How was yall's August? Anything exciting for Sept planned?
Check out the month below and if you'd like to visit an old post please do! Always happy to hear from yall :) ---Anna
I hosted my first Blogger to Author advice feature where we talked about first impressions and reaching out to bloggers for the first time! I was so nervous about doing this feature but glad I did it finally. We had some great turn out and discussion. I'll be doing one "chat" a month on different topics I think Authors should know about or that could help them when working with bloggers.
Another new feature! This time interviews with blog followers getting them to spill all their readery secrets and share a little about themselves. Pat F was our first, erm, victim and was a delight to chat with. We had a great turn out and got to see her darlin' grand baby.
This month's Rock the Blog tutorial was about using Jump Breaks in posts and emails!
The newest Bucket List (a la herding cats) went up! I had a great time with this one making nail polish-washer book marks. I'm thinking I'll start making these and selling them :)
Our Sept Blog Hop is open for SIGN UPS!This month it's Fairy Tale Magic so any thing fairy tale :)
Hops for the rest of the year will be live shortly on the herd hops page
There was a lot of reviewing this month.
19 total books. Some fab...some utter disasters.
7 were new to me authors.
- Pet to the Tentacle Monsters! by Lilia Ford
- Cross Country Christmas by Tiffany King
- Lay It Down by Cara McKenna
- Sea Panther by Dawn Marie Hamilton
- Bound to Danger by Katie Reus
- Reaper's Property by Joanna Wylde
- How the Scoundrel Seduces by Sabrina Jeffries
- Dark Spirit by Kate Douglas
- Show Me, Baby by Cherise Sinclair
- No Attachments by Tiffany King
- Guarded by Mary Behre
- Unbroken by Maisey Yates
- Exchange of Fire by PA DePaul
- Midnight Vengeance by Lisa Marie Rice
- Virgin River by Robyn Carr
- The Reluctant Governess by Maggie Robinson
- Sleep with the Lights On by Maggie Shayne
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered by Sandy James
- How to Reprimand Your Rock Star by Mina Vaughn
Spotlight w/ Jill Shalvis + giveaway
Maroon 5 | Halestorm
Alright! Well, that was August here on the herd! On to September!
Yall feel free to post your monthly or weekly round ups in the linky.