Natalie Bourne thinks she has the perfect night planned for her twenty-first birthday. But when her car breaks down and her boyfriend bails on her, she’s left stranded in an auto shop dealing with a way too cocky, way too hot mechanic, who seems to be intent on pushing every button she has.Did you hear the *squeals of delight*??! Tuesday came in all dreary and rainy and blah at Casa Herding Kitty. And I was bumming on that and trying to figure out what to do with myself so I busted open Nice Girls Don't Ride and holy freaking awesome novella! It totally put a smile on my face and turned Tuesday into a damn good day. So. Today. 10 reasons why Nice Girls Don't Ride was so fucking awesome and why you need this novella in your life *grins*
Monroe Hawkins knows he shouldn’t be messing with a girl from the uppity private college. Especially when he can tell she sees him as the help. But he’s having trouble resisting the redhead with the smart mouth and the killer legs. So when Natalie’s night goes from bad to worse, there’s no way he’s letting her spend her birthday alone. He makes her a deal—he’ll take her home but not until the sun comes up.
Ten hours, one motorcycle, and the city of Austin at their fingertips…things are about to take a major detour. And soon, there may be no U-turn in sight.
Type: Contemporary, New Adult,Novella
Heat: 3 out of 5
Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Amazon | All Romance | Goodreads
Oh oh. First! The quick of it is that Natalie's having a bitch of a day. Her car's broken down and her boyfriend won't answer his phone to come get her. On her birthday no less. And now she's dealing with a knight in tattooed armor aka...the random drive by tow truck guy..who's shaking her day up even more as he rescues her. Alright. Now on to the 10 reasons...
10. It's Roni Loren. At this point...she can do no wrong and is an auto-buy for me. She's an amazing storyteller and 'd totally do naughty things to get my hands on her books :D No matter what the genre or type of relationship she tackles...she just rocks it something fierce and creates a stellar romance that charms, delights and will heat you up too. <can you tell I'm smitten? lol>
8. Natalie...is just an awesome chick. She's had a total shit-tastic day but she holds her own and fights back when everything falls to hell. She's got a sweetness to her and I loved seeing Monroe break her out of her 'prim and proper' and have a spot of adventure for her birthday. It was cute watching her open up and just let it all out.7. The humor. <this is during their first meet when he spots her waiting for a tow truck on the side of the road. And not one from his company>
He scowls. "Autoland." "That's it." "You might as well set up a tent then. They take forever to get to calls, and they'll charge you twice as much as we would. Plus, they close at six. They're just going to tow you in and then lock up for the night." "Says the guy who wants to make a buck on a girl stranded on the side of the road." The corner of his mouth lifts. "Hey, princess, I'm just trying to be a nice guy and get you to your"--he looks me up and down again--"sorority party on time. I get paid the same either way." Princess? Sorority party? My eyes narrow and I give him my own head-to-toe look, taking in the messy dark hair, the tattoos, the heavy boots, the finely shaped... I snatch the thought back before I can go there. "Look, Son of Anarchy, I appreciate the nice guy offer, but how do I even know you're legit?"
He snorts. "You think I drive a tow truck around for fun?"
Not even gonna lie. The Son of Anarchy crack made me snort.
6. The perfect night. Other than the scummy boyfriend who abandoned her this was like my fantasy night. I loved their 'first date' and seeing Monroe save the day and take her on a birthday adventure when her boyfriend showed his true colors. 10 hours just having fun,trying new things, spending time together around Austin. It was fun and sweet and totally melted me. It had that whole 'Before Sunrise' thing going on. Gah I loved that movie.
5. The romance. I just...*swoons* Yeah. I loved these two and watching them get hooked on each other.
4. The sex! Hot damn! Yeah. *fans self* Every girl needs a little (or, erm, rather a big) Monroe in her life. Yums! And it was funny-realistic too. Some of the thoughts they had when hooking up just cracked me up and I was going yeah, yeah, I can totally see thinking that!
3. Cupcakes! There were birthday cupcakes. Even had the sex been shit the cupcakes would have been worth it. Totally had me giving a little moan and wishing I could get my hands on those recipes.
2. It was crazy intimate. Even though the two had just met it felt right and the time they spent together was just lovely and touching and, yeah, had an intimacy to it I loved and that you could practically feel.
1. I couldn't stop grinning. Seriously. From like page one these two had me smiling all goofy-like. It's been a couple hours and I'm still grinning all goofy-like.I mean. I just loved Nice Girls Don't Ride to pieces. Novellas can be tricky but Loren totally rocked it and left me totally smitten and happy as I sat my kindle down and started the day. My only complaint is that I really wish it had been a full length. Not because it wasn't complete and satisfying--because obviously I loved this novella like you wouldn't fucking believe--but damn I could have easily and cheerfully spent another 300 pages with Natalie and Monroe. #LovedThem
I love hearing from yall! So don't be shy...leave a comment!