Whew. Boy! May was a doozey. Both on the home front and the blog front.
I've gone through a horrible reading spell the last 2-ish weeks. I read more DNF, 1 star and 2 star books than I do normally in 8-10 months. It's been so frustrating and had me near tears because I WANT to read but had just shit luck in picking out review books recently. It didn't seem to matter though what I did. Changing genres, reading favorite or new to me authors, just for fun books or review books. And it was all stuff that would normally piss me off (cheating, hate towards romance readers, cliffhangers, etc) so not just my mood. Just very bad luck picking books. I'm thinking I've finally broken out of it but it made May reading an absolute bitch.
Everything else on the blog went fine though. Busy as normal. Hosted Blog Ahead and a big hop event I was nervous about but think did well.
On the home front I've been working hard in the yard and yall know I do NOT like nature. So...yeah. Lots of chocolate to compensate. lol Then this weekend had a huge scare with a herd babe. Woke up from a nap on the couch to lots of banging and found one of the girls thrashing in the hallway unable to stand. Turned out she'd had a hairball and it got stuck in her throat and she couldn't breath. I had NO idea that was even possible. Scared the shit out of me but as soon as I cleared her airway she bounced back after a couple hours of heavy breathing. She's perfectly fine now and like nothing ever happened. Me...still hovering and fretting and a bit shakey. Everyone else is fine though. Whew! But what a way to close out May! Anyways. On to the recap...
Well. Semi-new! lol We hosted our first mini-Blog Ahead challenge in May.
This will happen every May and be a half challenge of the Oct event.
If you'd like to be notified when sign ups open for the Oct event please fill out THIS form.
Sign Up; HERE
Authors!! We need your help! The auction kicks off in just around 3 weeks and we need donations!
If you have signed books or other items you'd like to donate please let me know!
Or you can fill out the donation form HERE.
Total Books: 18
New to Me authors: 7
For challenges: 18
Favorite Read: Tiffany Girl by Deeanne Gist
- What a Lass Wants by Roan Keats--4 stars
- Busted by Shiloh Walker- 4 stars
- Kilts & Daggers by Victoria Roberts--4 stars
- Yield to Me by Sarah Castille--2 stars
- Game Changer by Melissa Cutler--4 stars
- Two of Hearts by Christina Lee-- 4 stars
- Day Shift by Charlaine Harris--4 stars
- Alpha Hot anthology-- 3 stars
- Under the Lights by Shannon Stacey--4 stars
- Playing Dirty by CL Parker--1 star
- Tiffany Girl by Deeanne Gist-- 5 stars!!
- A Midsummer Night's Romp by Katie MacAlister--4 stars
- The Scoundrel and the Debutante by Julia London--4 stars
- Scandalously Yours by Cara Elliot-- 3.5 stars
- Chasing Danger by Katie Reus--4 stars
- Chase Me by Tessa Bailey-- 4 stars
- In My Cart Reviews
- Need Me by Tessa Baliey--4 stars
- The Unlikely Lady by Valerie Bowman--4 stars
Marina Adair-- Cal's Tips for Surviving a Household of Women
Vanessa Kelly-- Who's behind VK Sykes
Interview w/ Lia Davis
Interview w/ Deeanne Gist
Spotlight/Feature w/ M. Limoges
Meme-jack w/ Shelley Munro + giveaway
Interview w/ Carolyn Crane + giveaway