She's taking over for the day. Yall leave her lots of love and give her a warm welcome :) ~anna
I love Christmas. It’s my favorite time of the year. But it’s also busy as all get out. And by the time we stuff that last Christmas cookie in our mouths, we’re usually exhausted and ready to collapse. But New Years is right on its heels—we’re supposed to be organizing and dieting and making resolutions we won’t keep!
When looked at that way, New Years can seem like a lot of pressure. But I actually have found that I love the start of a new year. There’s so much possibility and that feeling of a fresh start, of wondering what the next year holds. It’s exciting!
So what are my favorite 5 things about the New Year?
1. Goodbye, burnout – I gave up making resolutions years ago. I’m a rebel by nature, so put a resolution on me and all I want to do is break it. But even without a formal resolution, I usually get this burst of renewed energy. I clean out my house, get rid of things, redecorate, come up with new book ideas, etc. And after the November/December zone where I’m usually getting burnt out with writing (because I inevitably have a November or December deadline every year), my creativity kicks back in.
2. Book release excitement– Almost every year since I’ve been published (2012), I have a big book release the first week of January. This year it’s not just a new release but the first in a brand new series! I’ve written in the same series for all the years I’ve been published, so this is definitely an exciting, fresh start right at the first week of the year.
3. A clean slate – All the lists I make during the year—books read, words written, tasks to do—gets a fresh start. There’s something fun about deciding what’s the first book you’re going to read that year. For some reason, I always remember the first of the year.
4. Healthy eating – I know this doesn’t sound like a fun one, but for me, it is. I try to eat healthy during most of the year. However, at holiday time, like anyone else, I fall into the cookie-eating, comfort-food-snarfing girl who loves all the salty, sweet, buttery things. But by the time Christmas rolls past, I’m over feeling stuffed. I look forward to going back to eating the healthy stuff.
5. TV Shows return – After all the reruns, the shows that left you hanging on the cliff come back. This isn’t as big of a deal since the dawn of binge watching Netflix in the interim, but I still look forward to everything coming back. It’s that sense of returning to a routine.
So what’s your favorite thing about starting a new year? Any TV shows you’re waiting for to return? And what’s going to be your first book of the year to read?
An inexperienced sex therapist gets mentored by the hot Dr. Donovan West, the guy she had an ill-advised hook up with nine years earlier, when she was a college freshman and he was her T.A. Much office sex ensues. :-)
Dr. Donovan West, her new hotshot colleague, couldn’t agree more. Donovan knows that Marin’s clients are going to eat her alive unless she gets some hands-on experience. And if she fails at the job, he can say goodbye to a promotion, so he assigns her a list of R-rated tasks to prepare her for the wild clientele of The Grove’s X-wing.
But some of those tasks are built for two, and when he finds Marin searching for a candidate to help her check off her list, Donovan decides there’s only one man for the job—him. As long as they keep their erotic, off-the-clock activities strictly confidential and without strings, no one will get fired—or worse, get attached…
Amazon | Book Depository | Goodreads
There's an event-wide giveaway going! TONS of books and goodies!
Don't forget to enter ---> HERE!