Sinner's Revenge was a wild ride as Shady spirals down a very dark path of revenge against a rival MC and finds a little light and happiness in an unexpected and crazy woman who may just have a bit of darkness in her as well.
So 5 things about Sinner's Revenge...
- These two were fucked up. And a tad crazy. A bit growly and bitchy. Rude and in your face. And they're totally perfect for each other. They drive each other insane and fight and piss each other off and damn if they don't love every second of it. Easy going and tame...these two are not. lol They're passionate to the extreme. But I loved Shady and Diem. In all their nutty, crazy, messed up moments they won me over and had me smiling over them. They were seriously hot together, too.
"Mind if I shower?"
I shake my head, drawing my eyebrows together in confusion. "You're asking? What the fuck is wrong with you?"
She rolls her eyes and a disgusted look crosses her face. "I don't know," she whines, putting her hands on her hips. "I think it's all this emotional shit. I'm losing myself. I can feel it." She rambles on a little longer before closing her eyes and putting her hand out. "Forget I asked. I'm going to take a shower. Why don't you make yourself useful and order us a pizza or something." She spins on her heels, mumbling to herself.
"You know who makes a great pizza?" I call, just as the bathroom door closes.
"Monica," I say as I walk down the hall.
"I fucking hate you."
There's my girl.
- There are a lot of secrets being kept between them. Big ones. But this was a time when secrets were understandable and made sense. They kept what they were hidden and rightfully so. It didn't piss me off or have me shaking my head or ever saying "just tell them!" This is how the big secret trope should be done. There were also some surprise revelations that hit them both at the same time that I just loved. (and had me going oo! I did not see that coming!)
- There's a LOT of blood and gore. Since Shady's main goal in life is killing everyone in the rival MC club which had caused the death of his best friend there's a lot of death. Granted they weren't awesome people being wiped out but, yeah, that'll be too much for some. He's a killer. Flat out. There's a lot of dark in Shady. But there's a lot of dark in Diem as well that's surprising so they work.
- The book is mostly told from Shady's POV which I liked. It really felt more like his journey of dealing with loss and the need for revenge and moving on. There are chapters every once in a while from Diem's POV but they're sparse.
- I loved the ending epilogue. It tied in to the previous book and had me going teary eyed. There's a complete HEA and everyone lives--in case anyone was concerned.
All in all, Kim Jones has me on board for more. These aren't the romances for everyone--they're dark and gritty and the characters somewhat...shady--but if that's your thing they're fantastic reads that'll keep you up way into the night.
His plan is flawless. His mission is simple: seek and destroy. There is no room for distractions—especially a distraction like Diem.
She's infuriating. Demanding. Complicated. Impossible. And for some reason, Shady can’t stay away. But he only has space in his heart for one love: Sinner’s Creed. And the club always comes first. Always.