Yes, yes. I know yall are probably sick of hearing about HelloFresh. But, yall, I'm really having a good time with these boxes! I've found so many things I thought I would never eat and would never have tried making had I just been searching Pinterest or looking through cookbooks.
And for that alone-- not even just the tasty noms-- I'm so glad I started trying these delivery boxes. For yall who haven't seen them. Basically every week or however often you want a box (you can skip weeks) they send you three meals with all of the ingredients included (in exact quantities) for the meal.
This week I tried Dal. I've not been a huge Indian food fan despite it often being vegetarian friendly. It's usually just too spicy for me. But! This. This I loved.
Some nice veggies, lentils, green beans and na'an. OMG the na'an was amazing.
I need more of that in my life. Pronto.
Onions and spice.
Sauteing onion is one of my absolute favorite smells.
With a little tomato.
Add in the lentils. I'm starting to get comfortable using lentils!
I never thought that would happen. There are some foods that have always intimidated me and lentils are one of those. I always shied away from using them in a recipe. But it's SO simple! Easier than making rice.
Once the lentils have cooked a while add in the green beans. This was the only issue I had with the recipe. The green beans needed to be added in much sooner than called for because they just couldn't cook through quickly enough in the time allowed and things had to keep cooking past when the meal should have been done.
Once beans are done cooking (finally, yall, lol) add in the roasted cauliflower (that I forgot to take a picture of) and add in a little sour cream then mix.
Nom nom nom. This was fantastic! It's not too spicy (something I usually worry about) and was very tasty. It was crazy low in calories, too. I divided the pot into four portions and they were about 260 calories a meal. Not bad even had I not portioned them out as four instead of two.
All in all, I was really happy with this dish. I'll be making it again.
And for those wanting to check out HelloFresh. I have discount coupons available. I think you get $40 off your first box. And it gives me some credits, too. Woo! Just click HERE.
Ingredients20oz Cauliflower1 yellow onion, finely chopped4 cloves garlic, minced1/2 oz cilantro (I left this out), rouch chop12oz green beans, trimmed and cut to bite size2 TBSP curry powder2 cans diced tomatoes1 cup petite crimson lentils2 cubes veggie broth4 naan flatbreads8 TBSP sour creamDirections
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Cut cauliflower into bite sized pieces then toss with a little olive oil, salt, pepper and roast 20-25 minutes until lightly browned and tender
- Heat drizzle of olive oil on medium low. Add onion and garlic. Cook 5 minutes until softened.
- Stir in curry powder, season with salt/pepper.
- Add diced tomatoes, lentils, 1/2 cup water, stock concentrate and stir.
- Bring to simmer then cover and cook 10 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in green beans and cook until tender, around 5 minutes.
- If mixture starts to dry out add a little more water.
- Warm flatbreads 2-5 minutes.
- Remove lentils from heat and stir in cauliflower, half the cilantro, half he sour cream. Season with salt/pepper.
- Garnish with dollop sour cream and cilantro.
- Serve with warm naan.
Tasty Delights and Dazzling Disasters is all about playing in the kitchen and having some fun.
I'll share my delights and my disasters. Yall feel free to join in and create your own posts, share your favorite recipes, what have you. If you have a recipe suggestion just let me know!
Find more Tasty Delights!