Yellow & Red Tomato BruschettaYellow & Red Tomato Bruschetta Recipe
So, you may notice one glaring error here. Yeah. Yellow tomatoes? Really flipping hard to find mid January.
But I was in the mood for a yummy tomato snack and just had to make this one now yellow tomatoes be damned... ;)
Nice simple ingredients...
Coarse chop tomatoes, rip basil and finely chop your red onion.
Add in garlic, salt and pepper to taste then extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Cover in plastic wrap and let sit for 30 minutes so everything can get all infused together.
Spoon your tomato mix over toasted bakery bread and serve!
I added a little extra balsamic vinegar since I just...well...like a little more punch to it.
This was so easy to make and a nice little snack. I'll be trying this again this summer when there are a few more tomatoes to pick from. I'm terrible at the whole seasonal cook thing. Ah well.
8 oz red tomatoes
8 oz yellow tomatoes
1 small red onion
2T torn basil
1 clove garlic
2 T extra virgin olive oil
1T balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper
- Coarse chop tomatoes, finely chop onion and garlic
- Mix tomatoes, onion, basil, garlic, olive oil and balasmic vinegar in a medium bowl
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Cover with plastic wrap and let stand 20 minutes to let the flavor develop
- Cut the bread into 3/4 inch slices
- Char-grill bread for 1-2 minutes on each side until toasted
- Spoon the tomato mixture over bread and serve