Tasty Delights and Dazzling Disasters is all about playing in the kitchen and having some fun.
I'll share my delights or my disasters. Yall feel free to join in and create your own posts, share your favorite recipes, what have you.
Thought I'd share one of my favorites this week. Green Bean Casserole that's a little different. We make this for pretty much any important family event and it's just one of my comfort foods :)
Saute your onions for a few minutes.
Then add in brown sugar, Worcestershire and flour. Mix then heat until it bubbles!
Add in everything else and let it come to a boil.
Plate it up in a casserole dish of your choice and bake.
The original recipe calls for bacon crumbles on top but I leave that part out.
Sometimes leaving it just plain or adding fried onions.
This is just one of those super easy recipes. It's a snap to make and very tasty.
I love that it's not your every day green bean casserole.
How do you like your green beans?
What's your favorite family/comfort dish?
1 can french style green beans--drained
1 can tomato diced tomatoes w/ juice
6 slices bacon
2 T flour
2 T brown sugar
2 T Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/8 t dry mustard (you can use plain wet yellow mustard as well)
- Fry bacon and set aside
- Saute onion in bacon grease (or if making more veggie friendly fry onion in a tab of butter) until softened
- Add flour, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce and stir until bubbly
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil
- Pour into casserole dish and top with crumbled bacon slices if using them
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes