Tasty Delights and Dazzling Disasters is all about playing in the kitchen and having some fun.
I'll share my delights or my disasters. Yall feel free to join in and create your own posts, share your favorite recipes, what have you.
Yeah you read that right! No boiling water, no straining the pasta. One pot and GO!
And it turned out pretty darn good!
I'd rather have used fresh broccoli but alas the options at the store weren't so pretty.
Medium or small shells work best!
So instead of boiling water and cooking your pasta you completely skip that step.
Combine your milk and pasta in equal parts, stir and then cook on medium low until pasta is cooked.
This took about 15-20 minutes.
You'll still have a lot of milk left over after the pasta has cooked. That's what you want.
Mix in your cheese until pasta has the correct consistency you're going for.
If it gets too thick just add a splash more of milk until it's just how you want it.
Add in cooked broccoli or any other veggies and go!
Okay, so this was pretty damn good. It's thick and rich and smells great.
I added a bit too much cheese at first and had to thin it back out adding milk but it worked nicely.
I LOVED not having to mess around with draining the pasta and dirtying up more dishes.
Definitely making this one again!
Do you have a favorite mac & cheese dish?
Mac & Cheese Recipe
2 cups small-medium pasta shells
2 cups milk
1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
broccoli or other veggies
salt and pepper to taste
- Combine milk and pasta and cook on medium low until pasta is tender-- took about 15-20 minutes
- If adding veggies to your dish add them in while pasta is cooking around the half way mark
- Once pasta is done cooking DO NOT DRAIN excess milk. You need it.
- Slowly add in shredded cheese and stir until it hits desired consistency. If it gets too thick just add a small splash of milk
- Add salt and pepper to taste
Check out our other Tasty Delights HERE!
[Are you a blogger? Leave your link so I can visit you too! ~Anna]