Of all the Fallen, Raze’s hungers are some of the darkest and most insatiable. His brazen seductions cost him his wings, leaving him soulless and immortal, the most dangerous of seducers. He has roamed the earth for eons, hunting the rogues of his kind and protecting the humans who provide him with blood and sex. He is content with his life and the transient pleasures that flow through it... until one night and one woman change everything.
Kimberly McAdams is smart, beautiful, and wealthy. She can have any man she wants, but the moment she sets eyes on the lethally stunning Raze she knows he’s the man she needs. As one searingly erotic night burns into something deeper and far more vital than either of them expected, an adversary from Raze’s past sees a chance for revenge. Twisted by hatred, she will take from Raze what was taken from her—the precious gift of love.
Type: Paranormal Romance (Vampires/Angels), Novella
Heat: 2.5? A lot of sex but most of it's fade to black variety
Rating: 4 out of 5
Ooo this one was so good! I loved the set up of fallen angels being cursed with vampirism and having to hunt down the unruly rogues in their mists. It was a nice little twist on angels I don't think I've read...exactly. Plus some great characters and a nice bit of animosity with their Angel counterparts too which was interesting. All things I can definitely get behind.
I really liked both of the main characters and the connection you could feel between them. Kimberly's bold and knows what she wants and Raze pretty much has his world rocked, just a bit, by her. They're both looking for an escape from their lives and find that in each others arms. You'd think that would provide for an incredibly sexy read, especially with that cover!, but really it was kinda tame in that department. Lots of sex was had but mostly it was the fade to black variety.
There's excitement and some action to the storyline that's a little gory but is balanced out nicely with the developing relationship between Kimberly and Raze. I think it's all a pretty great set up for the series to come.
Overall I liked it from the characters to the actual writing but damn if I don't hate relationship cliffhangers and oh holy hell these two got a relationship cliffhanger. I really wanted to throw my Nook there at the end because the novella ends but... not really? Since their story will continue further down the line in the series. Hate that but it makes sense for where their relationship is and the fact that they need time to deal with certain things. But damn I would have liked to see where things went right away. I am one darn impatient little reader ;)
The Herd Archives
- ► 2016 (343)
- ► 2015 (496)
- ► 2014 (585)
- A Dark Taste of Rapture (Renegade Angels #0.5) by ...
- Friday Finds! Free & One Sale book!
- A Little Bit Wicked (Forbidden Love #1) by Robyn D...
- Cat Thursday! The kinda naughty edition...
- Guest Post w/ Sandra Dailey + giveaway
- Caleb (Circle 8 #3) by Emma Lang+ giveaway
- Giveaways and Commenting!
- Tasty Tuesday: Baked Ziti Cheesecake!
- Guest Post w/ Jessica Scott + giveaway
- Email Subscription Problems?
- Randomly Random & Easily Distracted!
- Friday Finds: Free & On Sale Books!
- Cat Thursday! Uh, kitteh nibbles?
- Shield of Fire (Bringer and the Bane #1) by Boone ...
- Spotlight: Concealed Desire by Eden Summers + give...
- Guest Post & Spotlight: The Sisters of the Moon Se...
- Tasty Tuesday: 6 minute Oatmeal Drop Cookies!
- TBR Pile Knockout (5)- the book from hell.
- Spotlight: The Summoner's Tale (the Order of the B...
- Highland Heart by Heather McCollum + giveaway
- Friday Finds: Free & On Sale books!
- I need *your* help!! Really! I do!
- Cat Thursday...the rescue herd...
- The Chieftain by Margaret Mallory + giveaway
- Seduction of a Highland Warrior by Sue-Ellen Welfo...
- Interview w/ Marquita Valentine!
- Mmmmm Vampires...Vampires for Valentines Hop! (ope...
- Kiss of the Betrayer by Boone Brux + giveaway
- News & Cat Thursday...Ima just...gonna...lay...her...
- Taking a Shot (Play-by-Play #3) by Jaci Burton
- My very first Guest Post!!
- 2013 Blogging from A to Z Challenge!
- Tasty Tuesday: Eggrolls!
- Cover Reveal! And it's a yummy one! SEAL of Honor....
- Double Danger (A-Tac #6) by Dee Davis
- TBR Pile Knockout (4)
- Fools For Luv Giveaway Hop! (open INT)
- ▼ February (37)
- ► 2012 (448)