Woohoo! My first official Passionately Pintrest post! ::grin::
So what is Passionately Pintrest?! Basically an excuse to indulge my Pintrest obsession. Smirk. I'm going to try for twice a month but we'll see. Each time I'll take one of my Pins and actually make it happen. Not just look at them, oooh and awwww and forget about them. And I just wanna see if I can get the reality even close to as pretty as the pins.
Feel free to join in and give it a go or suggest pins for me to try. If you join in let me know so I can come check out your success. A link to my boards is over there on the left if you want to see what's over there.
Passionately Pintrest #1!
And now what actually happened....
These were pretty easy to make. And turned out quite tasty but man it makes a lot of those little sandwiches.
Pretty simple ingredients. I had everything but the pretzels in the house. Love recipes like that!
First step is to combine 2Tbsp softened butter, 1cup smooth peanut butter, 3/4th cup brown sugar and about 3/4th cup powdered sugar. I used a handheld mixer which worked nicely. You might need to add a little extra of each of the sugars to get a rollable consistency.
Next step is to roll 1 teaspoon balls of the batter and smoosh between two pretzels. If you use too much batter they end up a bit thicker or overflow the pretzels. Not too big a deal really.
Once you get all of your pretzels stuffed pop them in the freezer for 30 minutes to firm up a bit.
Next step is the chocolate! Yum. Melt a bag of semi sweet chocolates in the microwave stirring every 30 or so seconds. After chocolate is melted dip half of each pretzel sandwich into the melted chocolate then place back on the cookie sheet. Then freeze/refrigerate until chocolate is set.
The pretzels pop off the cookie sheet fairly easily. If I make these again I'll go for milk chocolate but that's just my personal preference. The semi-sweet was just a little bitter for me. These need to be kept refrigerated until closer to snack time. These are so easy they'd probably be a great snack to have kids help out with.
I'm calling this one a success! I think they turned out pretty damn close to the original pin.
Recipe after the Jump!
This came from Foodaphilia originally.
Peanut Butter Pretzel Sandwiches
Makes at least 45, Total time about 1 hr 30 minutes
1 cup of creamy peanut butter
2 Tbsp softened butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar (you may need more)
3/4 cup brown sugar (you may need more)
1 bag good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine peanut butter and softened butter in a large bowl with a fork or whisk.
- Add the sugars and stir to combine. If earily rollable into balls continue on. If not add extra of each sugar until rollable.
- Roll mixture into teaspoon size balls and sandwich between pretzels and place on cookie sheet
- Stick in freezer for 30 minutes to set
- In microwave safe bowl melt chocolate stirring every 30 seconds until smooth
- Quickly dip half of each sandwich into melted chocolate and return to tray
- Freeze/refrigerate chocolate dipped sandwiches until the chocolate has set then pop off tray and store in refrigerator until time to serve.