Tasty Delights and Dazzling Disasters is all about playing in the kitchen and having some fun.
I'll share my delights or my disasters. Yall feel free to join in and create your own posts, share your favorite recipes, what have you.
I ended up finishing work about 2 hours early today and was trying to figure out what in the world to make for this week's Tasty Tuesday that I could do real quick and would be kinda holiday related.
And hello! work in a bookstore with shelves of cookbooks!! Perfect <g>
Fresh herbs & garlic would be best I think but alas it's nearly December and a frost just got my garden herbs so dried it is this time.
Saute your garlic and scallions until softened (3-4min) and allow to cool
Combine scallions/garlic with herbs and cream cheese and whip until well combined.
Add in shredded cheddar and combine.
A yummy little bite.
Serve with toasted bakery bread, field greens and tomatoes!
It's actually really similar to a cheese ball but tasty none-the-less and oh, better name!
Took less than 15 minutes start to finish and I think would make a great appetizer for a holiday party :)
What's your favorite holiday appetizer?
Ever made a cheese pate?
Cheese, Garlic & Herb Pate Recipe (click HERE for printable recipe)
[Total time < 20 minutes, Serves 4]
1 tablespoon butter
1 garlic clove, crushed
3 scallions, finely chopped
1/2 cup cream cheese
2 tablespoons mixed fresh herbs (ex-chives, basil, oregano, parsley, marjoram, etc)
1 1/2 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
pepper to taste
4-6 slices bakery bread
mixed salad greens
- Melt butter in small skillet and gently fry garlic and scallions 3-4 minutes until softened. Allow to cool
- Beat cream cheese until smooth then add garlic/scallion mixture and herbs. Mix well.
- Add cheddar cheese and work mixture together to form a stiff paste. Cover and chill until served.
- Brown bread slices under broiler then slice diagonally into triangles.
- Arrange salad greens and tomatoes, toast and pile cheese pate on top.
- Sprinkle with paprika