Tasty Delights and Dazzling Disasters is all about playing in the kitchen and having some fun.
Each week I'll share my delights or my disasters. Yall feel free to join in and create your own posts, share your favorite recipes, what have you.
So. Not too exciting for this week's Tasty Delights. But I've been out of the cooking loop all summer and went easy. They were pretty yummy, nice for on the go mornings and would be great for veggies from the garden.
You can really do this one however you want. Any veggies you have sitting around are fair game!
Whisk your eggs, milk, salt and pepper until fluffy.
Add in all your veggies and mix. Just don't use a whisk. A whisk is a not so bright move on my part. It kinda clumps all the veggies in the middle and is a pain in the butt. Go for a spatula. Spatulas are good.
Then spoon into cooking sprayed muffin tins and bake!
So they turned out pretty good. Easy to make and nice for a quick snack either cold or warmed up.
What's your favorite breakfasty kinda food?
Or "muffin" creation?
Veggie & Egg "Muffins" Recipe (for a printable recipe click HERE)
Okay so this is a "recipe". You can fiddle with it each time you make them. Add more or less of whatever ingredient, etc.
a splash of milk
salt and pepper
1 can of diced tomatoes (drained)
1 small to medium onion-diced
1 green pepper- diced
A handful of spinach- chopped
1-2 cups broccoli
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350
- Chop all your veggies, drain your tomatoes
- In a large bowl whisk together your eggs, milk, salt, pepper and any other spices you'd like to add
- Mix your veggies into your eggs
- Spray your muffin tins with cooking spray then fill with egg mixture. Each of mine held about 1/4 of a cup of the mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until eggs are completely cooked
- Serve warm. You can eat them cold as well though. I kind of liked them that way too.