Tasty Delights and Dazzling Disasters is all about playing in the kitchen and having some fun.
I'll share my delights or my disasters. Yall feel free to join in and create your own posts, share your favorite recipes, what have you.
Ohmygoodness do I love me an Egg McMuffin.
But this chickie does not do mornings so I hardly ever get to indulge in them.
So I was playing around online the other day and found a post about making your own over at Macheesmo. There may or may not have been a little squealing and a "how have I never thought of this!!?!". So of course I had to immediately run up to the grocery story and give it a try because having ready made Egg McMuffins tucked in the freezer and ready to go whenever I want one sounded like a really fabulous idea.
First up. Spray your jumbo sized muffin tin with cooking spray.
This is actually pretty important and keeps your eggs from puffing up while they cook
and sticking when they're done.
Crack an egg into each section, break the yolk with a knife then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
Eggs will pop out of the mold very easily.
They'll look shiny but they are completely cooked and not "gooey".
Don't forget to toast up your English Muffins.
If you're making a bunch all at once it's easier to lay them out on a baking sheet and toss them in the oven while your eggs cook.
I left mine plain but you could butter them a bit too.
Next assemble everything.
I used larger slices of cheese so folded the edges in so they wouldn't hang over the muffin. If you use the Kraft slices they fit much nicer but I wanted cheddar on mine.
Add on the egg and bacon/sausage if including that.
I left that off since I'm a veggie :)
Either eat them fresh or store for later.
If you want your cheese melted just a little bit 20 seconds in the microwave works great.
If you're going to freeze them for later they'll need a little time in the fridge or freezer to cool before you warp them individually in foil/plastic wrap and place in freezer safe bags.
Yum. They actually taste really close to Egg McMuffins.
Do you have a favorite "restaurant" meal you cook at home?
Have a favorite breakfast?
Egg McMuffin Recipe (for printable recipe click HERE)
Serves 6, Preheat oven to 350
6 English Muffins
6 slices of cheese
salt/pepper to taste
butter if desired
- Spray a jumbo muffin tin with cooking spray then crack one egg into each section
- Run a knife through yolks
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Bake eggs at 350 degrees for 15 minutes
- If adding sausage/bacon cook as directed
- Toast English Muffins either in toaster or by laying them out on a cooking sheet and placing them in the oven towards the end of the cooking time for the eggs. Butter can be added for toasting but isn't necessary.
- Assemble sandwiches layering on egg, cheese and bacon/sausage
- To melt cheese just a little more microwave for 10-30 seconds
- To store for later allow Egg McMuffins to cool completely either in the freezer or refrigerator then wrap individually in foil/plastic wrap and place in freezer storage bags