Tasty Delights and Dazzling Disasters is all about playing in the kitchen and having some fun.
I'll share my delights or my disasters. Yall feel free to join in and create your own posts, share your favorite recipes, what have you.
Earlier this week I ran across a recipe from Betty Crocker for pineapple upside down cake and decided to change it up a little and make individual serving sizes instead of a regular cake :)
Turned out pretty yummy and so darn cute!
Place a bit of butter in each slot then put in oven to melt.
Spray tin with cooking spray.
[this is a jumbo sized cupcake tin]
After butter has melted add 1T brown sugar to each slot.
Add slice of drained pineapple and cherry.
Then mix up the batter. Beating on low for 30 seconds then on high for 3 minutes.
Pour about 1/4th of a cup over each pineapple slice.
Bake 20-25 minutes
Kinda cute, right?
Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe (for printable recipe click HERE)
Makes 9 servings, Total time: 35 minutes
1/4 cup butter or margarine
2/3cup packed brown sugar
9 slices pineapple in juice, drained (14oz can)
9 maraschino cherries
1 1/3cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place approx. 1 1/4 teaspoons butter in each jumbo cupcake slot and melt in oven. (You can also melt the butter separately and add to muffin tins.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray
- Add 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar on top of melted butter
- Place one slice pineapple in each slot and add a cherry to the center of each slice
- In medium bowl beat all remaining ingredients with electric mixer on low for 30 seconds.
- Scrape bowl and beat on high for 3 minutes.
- Pour approximately 1/4 cup of batter over each pineapple slice.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Place a cutting board or platter lined with parchment paper over muffin tin and flip pan over. Leave pan over cake for a few minutes so melted brown sugar can drizzle over the cakes.
- Serve warm.