As dominating in business as he is in bed, Rand Sterling Winston, IV, always gets what he wants. And even before he realizes that she’s scammed him into paying triple the cost for her friend’s painting, he wants Dani Michaels. To catch her alone, Rand demands she personally deliver his purchase. The attraction between them is immediate and electric, and he knows she feels it, too. So when the part-time petty thief rebuffs his advances, he gives her a choice: a night in jail or an evening with him.
Despite her checkered past, Dani has never met someone like Rand: brooding, intense, and oh-so tempting. Only a man with a broken soul could make losing control feel this dangerous. Still, when Rand proposes a no-strings, no-holds-barred affair, Dani’s more than a little intrigued. It’ll be the trickiest con she's ever run and a chance to indulge her steamiest fantasies—nothing more. But as their encounters grow increasingly intimate, Dani uncovers a vulnerable side to Rand’s steely exterior . . . and opens her heart to the ultimate risk.
Type: Contemporary Romance, Erotic
Heat: 3 out of 5
Rating: 3.5 out of 5
Amazon | Goodreads
A con artist and her mark. A month long...arrangement. Lots of nekkid sweaty sex. Fancy smancy events and a little breaking and entering. Risk It was one seriously hot and heavy make-a-girl-pant good time as Rand and Dani head off and have a little fun together. Excellent!
- Rand and Dani were just enjoyable people. They're very different in ways but were two that just got each others mindset and were fun together. Both just slightly damaged. Competitive and not willing to back down. Dani was a little hard, would do whatever it took to survive and had some fire in her that I enjoyed and Rand. Well. He's Rand Sterling Winston the fucking Fourth! And he was yummy with his alpha male self. Likes his control but could give it up for good reason too.
- They played games. Now. A lot of times that's not a great thing. It can be really annoying when characters play games. But these two. It worked. They both knew they were having a bit of a a battle with each other during their month together to see who could one up the other and they enjoyed the game. I think that's what made the difference. They were into it. I was into it.
- One of the funniest sex scenes. I was in tears at 3am and having such a good time as these two got just a little down and dirty. Picture it...Saint Andrew's Cross...someone *cough* Rand *cough* a little bound...lots of oil...things getting a little too slippery and, erm, some sliding thanks to gravity when the heroine tried to go for a ride. It was hilarious. And such a disaster but in a fabulous way. Overall the book was VERY steamy. There's a ton of sex in all sorts of variations and set ups and, damn, it was fan yourself hot and sexy. I hadn't been expecting that but, yay, loved it. [other than the lack of condoms :facepalm:]
"Dani!" The sound of her own name finally broke through her focus, and she blinked up at him, startled to see his chest heaving with effort, thin lines of perspiration now cutting through the thick sheen of oil. When his gaze connected with hers, she laughed at the scowl on his face.
"What's wrong, Rand?" she asked, fluidly moving to her feet again. "You getting a little anxious? A little nervous that you might lose control?"
"With your mouth and hands and oil all over my cock?" He stared at her, heat rolling off his body. "Yeah. You might say that."
"Mmmm..." Taking her hands away from him, she skimmed out of her underwear. tossing it to the side along with the rest of her complicated lingerie. She grinned as Rand's breath hissed through his teeth. "Then maybe we should see about that ride."
- I loved how these two interacted. They're lives are very different--she's a bartender/con artist/thief and he's richer than triple chocolate cake and runs a successful company that's on the up and up--but they meshed well. They didn't judge based on their social status, or job choices even if they did give each other little digs over them now and again, he went on a couple of her not so legal jobs with her, she went to some stuffy events with him. I liked their give and take and seeing all the ways they DID fit together despite their differences. There wasn't a ton of actual romance but I liked watching the building blocks for it happen in this book and watching them learn about each others pasts and what made them tick.
- My only complaints would be a couple of storylines that weren't tied up or explained in the end, a spot or two where there were some consistency type things [ex-- her, as far as I could tell, leaving a building nekkid] and shoddy condom use which is always an issue of mine in romance if protection isn't dealt with another way. But these were fairly minor in the larger scheme of things.
All in all, Risk It was a scorcher that had me laughing and panting in equal turns. Gotta love that. The romance was definitely more on the lust-filled competitive side and while Rand and Dani aren't exactly a fluffy snuggly couple they were perfect for each other and that left me pretty content despite as they got a little more out of their month long affair than they expected.
Have you read Chance? Have a favorite?
Have you read one where a main character was a thief or con-artist? What did you think?
Have a funniest sex scene from a read?
I love hearing from yall! So don't be shy...leave a comment!