Tasty Delights and Dazzling Disasters is all about playing in the kitchen and having some fun.
Each Tuesday I'll share my delights or my disasters. Yall feel free to join in and create your own posts, share your favorite recipes, what have you.
I saw this one the other day on Pinterest. 5 ingredients. Supposed to be super easy and delicious--at least from all the comments that's what I was guessing. It really was super easy. But the tasty part. Not so much in original form so had to supe it up a bit and it turned out pretty good. I mean. For orange soup. lol
Okay so I mentioned not so tasty. Yeah with the original 5 ingredients. It wasn't so great. Pretty dag bland.
It called for an optional couple sprinkles of garam masala which I didn't have so I just raided my spice rack and added and tasted until it worked for me. Though damn the cumin was strong. Whew.
So play around with this one and see what works for you.
Chop up and roast cauliflower until tender and lightly browned.
While cauliflower is roasting chop up sweet potato, garlic and onion then boil in veggie broth.
The original recipe called for filtered water but with the blandness I really think veggie broth would be better. I ended up adding a veggie broth cube in the end.
Very carefully blend the sweet potatoes until very smooth.
Be careful on this step to avoid splashing.
And...soup. It was pretty freaking orange but you know I kinda liked it. And omg it smelled so good!.
I'll be making this again at some point with some changes. Cooking in broth instead of water, adding in spices. I think I'll saute the onions/garlic in butter before pureeing as well. Maybe a splash of heavy cream in the end too. And not pureeing quite as much of the cauliflower.
What's *YOUR* favorite soup?
Do you like sweet potatoes? Have a favorite recipe with em?
Cauliflower Sweet Potato Soup Recipe (Click HERE for printable recipe)
Originally found here. Serves 6-8.
1 large head cauliflower
Garam masala or other spices(optional)
3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1″ pieces
1 sweet onion, diced
2 cloves garlic7 cups water or veggie broth (I'd say use the veggie broth)
1 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F
- Cut up your cauliflower into pieces then toss lightly in olive oil and bake 20-30 minutes until tender and lightly browning on top then remove and let cool
- In large pot bring sweet potato, onion, garlic and water/veggie broth, salt to a boil then reduce to simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Carefully blend sweet potato mix until very smooth.
- Add half of cauliflower to pot and puree that as well
- Add spices to taste-- I added 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp roasted garlic powder, 1/4 tsp onion powder but go slow and taste test until it works for you.
- Add remaining cauliflower to sweet potato soup and serve with crusty bread.