Tasty Delights and Dazzling Disasters is all about playing in the kitchen and having some fun.
I'll share my delights or my disasters. Yall feel free to join in and create your own posts, share your favorite recipes, what have you.
Mmm. So this was another I saw on Pinterest I think and decided I'd give it a try today.
It was pretty easy and I ate way too much of it. But dang.
It was good! Now to try some different variations of it!
Ooo and something new! You should be able to hover over any of the photos and pin them directly to your Pinterest boards. Should be able to. lol Hopefully I did that little bit of code right. If not let me know!
Start with a nice bakery bread, cheese, butter and fixings.
Melt butter, garlic, onions, salt/pepper, any other seasonings you'd like in the microwave.
I did two 30second rounds.
Slice your bread. Slice one way, rotate and slice the other way.
Make sure not to cut ALL the way through your bread. The bottom will hold everything together.
Next slice your cheese into thin rectangles and insert between each row of slices going both directions.
Now. This takes a little bit of time and manhandling but it's not too hard.
Once cheese is lined up pour your melted butter/onion mix over your bread.
Have it resting on a large sheet of aluminum foil before starting this step. You'll wrap the bread in that after.
After you've spread the onion mix about wrap the bread entirely in foil and bake for 15 minutes.
Unwrap and bake for 10 more minutes.
This was pretty damn good! It took a little manhandling to do the slices but well worth the time. Total hands on was maybe 15 minutes then baking.
I think next time I'll make my slices a little thicker. They didn't pull apart quite right because of being too small and broke off too soon but still tasty! Some different seasonings or cheeses next time too.
I'm thinking maybe even a dessert version some how with sugar and cinnamon. We'll see :)
Bloomin' Onion Bread Recipe (click HERE for printable recipe)
One loaf bakery bread
4-5 green onions--finely chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 pound Monterey Jack Cheese (or any cheese you prefer)
1 stick butter
salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350
- Melt butter, garlic, green onions, salt and pepper in the microwave and set aside
- Carefully cute bread left to right in fairly even rows being careful not to cut through the bottom crust of the bread.
- Rotate bread and again slice left to right creating squares.
- Slice cheese and insert between each cut in the bread.
- Lay out aluminum foil and place bread in the center then pour melted butter mix evenly across the top so it falls into crevices
- Wrap bread completely in foil then bake at 350 for 15 minutes
- Unwrap bread and bake another 10 minutes or until cheese is entirely melted (mine took a little longer than that)
- Plate and serve!