Tasty Delights and Dazzling Disasters is all about playing in the kitchen and having some fun.
I'll share my delights or my disasters. Yall feel free to join in and create your own posts, share your favorite recipes, what have you.
I saw these on Pinterest and had all the ingredients so thought hmmm yes these NEED to be made.
You can use homemade dough or store bought.
Roll your dough out and slice into strips then brush with butter.
I also cut mine in half so had double the twists in the end.
Mix up your sugar and cinnamon. Other spices could be used as well.
Roll each strip of dough in the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
Then....twist! And bake.
These turned out pretty good...the second time around. Original recipe called for baking for 18+ minutes.
And holy crap the thing were ROCK hard.
So the second batch I baked as the dough package said for 9 minutes (for a soft crust).
And they were pretty perfect.
They're not TOO sweet but just about right.
I added a bit of powdered sugar glaze to some of mine for some extra sweet but could have done without.
Cinnamon Sugar Twist Recipe (for printable recipe click HERE)
(serves 8, total time 20min)
1 pound fresh pizza dough, store bought
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll, press, and stretch the dough into an 8-by-10-inch rectangle. Starting along the short edge and using a sharp knife, slice the dough into eight 3/4-inch-wide lengths.
- Whisk together the sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish.
- Brush all sides with melted butter and roll in cinnamon sugar.
- Twist the ends in opposite directions, then transfer to a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake according to package (around 9 minutes)
- Drizzle with glaze if desired