Tasty Delights and Dazzling Disasters is all about playing in the kitchen and having some fun.
I'll share my delights or my disasters. Yall feel free to join in and create your own posts, share your favorite recipes, what have you.
If yall are having weather like us it's...frigid cold.
And what's better when it's make you want to flail cold?
Pretty simple ingredients. I oped for semi-homemade and bought my tortellini but if you're feeling adventurous you can make those on your own. But these...worked nicely.
First give your tomatoes, celery and oregano a little cooking.
Then add in the garlic and cook a little more.
Then bring to a boil and drop in pasta and beans.
Cook until pasta is tender and soup completely warm.
Okay. So this was really good. And so simple and easy.
I usually like my broth a little thicker but it actually worked how it was. Maybe one less cup veggie broth but really I enjoyed it how it was. It was filling and perfect for the cold weather we've been having.
Do you have a favorite bean and pasta dish?
How do you like your soups?
Tortellini and White Bean Soup Recipe (for printable recipe click HERE)
Serves 4, Total time: Cook & Prep--25 minutes
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 ribs celery, sliced
1 15oz can diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 tsp dried oregano
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 cups chicken or veggie broth (I'd go for 5 cups)
1 8oz packaged fresh tortellini
1 15oz can white beans, drained and rinsed
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Warm oil in large pan on med-high heat. Add celery, tomatoes, oregano and cook--stirring occasionally--until celery begins to soften. About 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant. About 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth and bring to a boil
- Carefully add tortellini and beans and cook until heated and tortellini are tender. About 7 minutes.
- Season with salt/pepper
- Sprinkle Parmesan on top of each bowl and serve.