Abby West has everything she wanted: a family, a skyrocketing new career, and a sexy, Dominant husband who fulfills her every need. Only, as her life outside the bedroom becomes hectic, her Master’s sexual requirements inside become more extreme. Abby doesn’t understand Nathaniel’s increased need for control, but she can’t deny the delicious way her body reacts to his tantalizing demands…
Between Abby’s reluctance and Nathaniel’s unyielding commands, the delicate balance of power between the Dominant and his submissive threatens to shift. And as the underlying tension and desire between them heats up, so does the struggle to keep everything they value from falling apart …
Type: Erotic Romance, BDSM
Heat: 4 out of 5
Rating: 4 out of 5
Cover: Not a fan.
Amazon | All Romance | Book Depository | BAM | Goodreads
The Quick of it is that Nathaniel and Abby have been in the lifestyle but are in a bit of a rut because of life, kids, career opportunities taking up their time and a chance for a week away to play is something they both grab hold of.
- They're married! I love that. I'm always intrigued when a story focuses on an already married couple. It brings such an interesting facet to the story. Nathaniel and Abby have been married around 7 years and I loved the connection that brought to the table but also the struggles. With knowing each other so well, with their relationship and desires changing and how they had to deal with all of it plus raising a family and balancing their careers.
- Things are freaking scorching! The two did not hold back during their week away. And it was incredibly hot! They pushed boundaries and tempted each other, brought fantasies to life. And, yeah, it was totally working for me even if a 24/7 BDSM relationship is so not my thing. I did want to bop him now and again for putting Abby in certain positions though.
- Abby and Nathaniel were interesting characters. Nathaniel was pretty sexy and I gotta say I loved when he went all Dom on Abby. I really liked Abby. She's submissive and a strong woman. I liked that she ran a blog about being submissive and what she went through emotionally with that type of relationship. She's fun and can be a little bit sassy and was just easy to like.
"Favorite thing Daniel wears in the playroom and you can't say nothing. We all like our Doms naked."She laughed. "How did you know I was going to say that?""Because I know what I'd say." I picked up the notebook and pen. "So? What's it going to be?"She leaned back into the chair and crossed her arms. "Give me a second, I have to think. When I tell you, will you tell me what yours is?"
"Okay, it's a tough call, but my favorite is when he wears a white dress shirt. I don't care if it's part of a suit or if he's wearing it with jeans. Definitely a white dress shirt."I jotted that down. "You know the next question: why?""When we're in the playroom and he's wearing one and he slowly unbuttons his cuffs"--her voice had a breathy quality to it as she spoke--"his eyes are on mine and he begins to roll the sleeve up. Carefully. Methodically. All the while watching me. To see him preparing for whatever it is he's going to do makes me all quivery inside. And then once he has it rolled up, you can see just a hint of muscle and you know that within minutes those muscles are going to be put to work for my pleasure?" She sighed. "White dress shirt. No question.""Damn, girl," I said, my pen frozen in place. "That's about enough to make me want to change my answer."
- I would have liked Nathaniel's POV for some scenes. It's told entirely from Abby's POV and while I liked her and being in her head as she dealt with being collared and submissive I also realized that in a BDSM read I really like having both partner's insights into scenes. I think that would have also helped maybe with some of my issues with the relationship that could pop in now and again and that I held against Nathaniel. Getting his view would have been nice.
- There's a bit of turmoil towards the end as the week's stresses and unrest pile onto Nathaniel and Abby. It had me fairly unsettled as a reader seeing so much of the blame for that placed on Abby's shoulders. It wasn't a HUGE thing but for a while I was feeling that niggle a bit. But in the end there's a scene that totally won me over and had me doing a bit of a girly sigh.
All in all, I enjoyed The Enticement. It's a hot read and a unique relationship that easily drew me in and had me entirely infatuated with Abby and Nathaniel's journey. I'd be up for spending more time with these two and seeing how their relationship continues to develop (or rather going back now and seeing where it all started). This was a complete HEA though for those concerned.
**I do think it's kinda goofy that this is book 4 of a trilogy. ::snort::
Have you read Tara Sue Me? What did you think?
Do you like having both POVs in a romance or a BDSM read?
Ever read a romance with an already married couple? Did you like that element? Have any suggestions?
I love hearing from yall! So don't be shy...leave a comment!