The quick of it is that Jill has had a thing for her brother's best friend for practically ever. And recently she's made a dream board of all the things she wants in life. The house on a lake, becoming sheriff, and finally snagging the man who's had her heart for so many years. She's just gotta get him to snap to it and pay attention to what's right in front of his face. Mmhm!
So. 5 Things about Happy Ever After in Christmas...
- Jill and Sawyer were both amazing characters. She's got the whole badass cop thing happening and is a little edgy and fierce with a hard outer shell. And Sawyer is laid back with a little cocky happening and one seriously soft underbelly. They were something! They're just good people that cared greatly for those around them. I loved who they were and that they both had some things happening that you wouldn't know from just looking at the surface.
- Heat-wise there's lots of yummy tension but all the naughty is off page. I usually prefer a bit more heat but Mason manages to keep me from missing it. Amazing!
- Their romances is bumpy. They had a lot of little road blocks from her brother not approving to skanky home-wrecking barmaids to unexpected surprises and losses along the way. There was some funny and some sweet but also some really hard things to get past. It made my heart hurt for them and made me want to shake them both on occasion when they wee just being stubborn and shutting each other out.
- Time on the job! I love when you actually get to see characters doing what they do. It really makes them come alive and seeing how passionate they were about what they did--especially Jill--was pretty awesome. I loved her on the job. Seriously. She's kick ass. She says it like it is and gets things done. It was fun seeing her go through some sensitivity training with the old folks home and bonding with them, seeing her work on a case and deal with some danger happening.
- The town--It's something, these people. They'd drive you crazy with their small town nosy gossipy ways but at the same time life wouldn't be nearly as amazing without them. They can really come together and are just so dang special.
All in all, Mason continues to delight. I just love Christmas, Colorado and the people who call it home. They've made a place in my heart and aren't letting go any time soon. Jill and Sawyer, well, they were just a lovely addition and everything I could have asked for.
Sawyer is done being a player on and off the ice. Yet no one in the small town of Christmas seems to believe he's ready to settle down, not Jill, and certainly not Jack, who is determined to keep Sawyer from breaking his little sister's heart. But as Sawyer and Jill's relationship heats up, can he prove that he's her happy ever after?