As the military liaison between the human Shifter Bureau and Shiftertown, Walker is often stuck trying to appease both sides—and angering both. So when bear-Shifter Rebecca is captured taking a run in a restricted area, Walker comes up with a compromise: if Rebecca helps him find a missing woman—thought to have been abducted by a Shifter—she won’t be charged and executed.
As a bear used to roaming for miles, Rebecca hates being confined, distrusts anything involving humans, and—worst of all—the strong and handsome Walker starts triggering her mating need. They have no choice but to work together but both Walker and Rebecca find it hard not to mix business with pleasure…
Type: Paranormal Romance, Shifters
Heat: 2 out of 5
Rating: 4 out of 5
Amazon | All Romance | Goodreads
- Walker--Nummy nummy! He's laid back total confidence. Sexy, dominant (even though a mere human surrounded by all kinds of shfters) and doesn't get ruffled even when danger is breathing down his neck. I was all on board with Walker. *nods*
- Rebecca--Is a total badass. She's a Kodiak Bear and yeah. She's rocking some fierce and isn't afraid to throw her weight around. I liked her quite a bit. I love the bears for some reason. They're just so big and whoa! and it was fun having one the focus (and getting to see her bear 'family')
- The heat/romance--Was light but it fit these two. They've known each other for a while and totally make each other grr-arg (but it was fun). There's teasing and a little poking at each other. They worked great together though and were a lot of fun. Not too much heat overall though. There's some hot kissin' and a very small bit of lovin' but it was way tame. Still enjoyed them though.
Her eyes flickered, and Walker knew he was right. "Shifters can form the mate bond with humans," Rebecca said, as though determined to argue with him, no matter what. "Look at Liam and Kim, Ronan and Elizabeth. Hell, Tiger and Carly. And Tiger's halfway to insane."
"A human woman is probably what Tiger needs then," Walker said. "Then again, sweet little Carly wrapped me in duct tape and let Tiger dump me into the trunk of her car."
Rebecca's angry look softened.
"Yeah, I like Carly." A smile pulled at her mouth.
- Cubs!! I love cubs. They're like...my favoritest thing...ever! I don't care if some are really in their 20s in human years. I still love em. And there were cubs of all kinds in this one and damn it made me happy. I just want to squish them. Hard.
- The mystery--Was pretty action packed and fun to follow along as they tried to track down the missing human. Dealing with difficult shifters, some surprise twists, shifter groupies.
All in all, Bear Attraction was a beary good time. Heh. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. That was so so bad but I just couldn't help myself! ::snort:: You really can't go wrong with Ashley's shifters. They're just awesomely awesome and full of all kinds of sexy shifters, romance and chuckleworthy humor. Oh and this one left off with some interesting potential for future storylines.. Yay for us!
More Ashley on herding cats