YOU CAN’T STOP A RISING TIDE
When Lily Doyle spots her high school crush Aiden Flynn on the inbound ferry, she knows trouble is about to dock in Seashell Bay. And not just because he’s more handsome than ever. If Aiden’s in town, the rumors must be true about his family’s plan to sell their coastal land to the highest bidder. But Lily will do whatever it takes to convince the hottest guy on the beach to protect their idyllic island home.
Gorgeous Lily Doyle was the only thing Aiden missed after he escaped from his hometown to play pro baseball. Now all Aiden wants is to wrap up the business deal and get back to his life, not relive a past that still haunts him. But as memories rush in about the night of passion he and Lily shared long ago, everything else washes right out to sea-everything except the desire that still burns between them.
Book One: Amazon | All Romance | Book Depository | BAM | Goodreads
Thanks so much for hosting us today at Herding Cats & Burning Soup, Anna. Now that the cat is out of the bag (okay, that was really bad), we thought readers might like to know a few fun facts about VK Sykes.
Here we go!
1. This one may be self-evident but is also surprising to some readers—we’re actually a wife/husband writing team. VK Sykes is Vanessa Kelly and Randy Sykes. Vanessa also writes historical romance while Randy stickhandles the VK Sykes contemporary romances.
2. Vanessa’s favorite author is Elizabeth Peters, who wrote the Amelia Peabody Mysteries. Randy’s favorite author is a toss-up between Lee Child and Pat Conroy.
3. Randy’s favorite TV show is Game of Thrones. Vanessa’s favorite show was and probably will always be Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She likes GOT a lot, too (clearly, blood is a theme).
4. Vanessa’s favorite movie is The Lord of the Rings trilogy (she knows she’s cheating). Randy refuses to be limited to one movie (or even three, for that matter).
5. Randy writes the first draft of all the VK Sykes books, while Vanessa does the revisions. She also adds in the sex scenes and lots of the emotion. Hey, he is a guy, after all! He needs a bit of help in those areas.
Yay and now the big reveal for book three in the Seashell Bay series! Eeps!
I am LOVING the pinks.
What’s something a family member or friend might not know about you? One person will win a copy of MEET ME AT THE BEACH, book one in The Seashell Bay Series, for leaving a comment!