Thursday, April 26, 2012
Used Bookstores and Vacation! (A to Z)
Be still my heart! I do love a good used bookstore.
I'm cheating a little bit and combining my U and V posts. But they're kind of connected so I'm going with it :)
One of my favorite places to spend time is a bookstore. It really doesn't matter which one. I love them all. On bad days I'll usually end up visiting one or two of the ones around my house and just browsing. Then again, when I'm happy I tend to end up at them too!
We have some amazing [u]sed bookstores in our area. I've got three used bookstores and a Barnes and Noble all within 3 miles of my house. It's pretty damn great.
I can spend hours just hunting around before I realize how much time has passed. You just never know what you'll find! I've been able to pick up quite a few autographed books by some of my favorite authors which is always a treat. I also really love finding little bits of this or that people have tucked in their books. I have a pretty little box on my bookshelf for all of the things I find. Bookmarks, receipts, boarding passes, newspaper clippings, shopping lists. Even found a couple dollars in one book!
The prices are really great too and for someone that can easily read a book in a day or two it really helps to buy used. I just found an amazing thrift store up the street that has an entire wall of books all 50cents to a dollar. In fabulous shape too. Loving it!
So. Now the [V]acation part....I would LOVE to go to New York again one day just to visit the Strand Bookstore. Oh. My. Love! It's been open since 1927 and claims over 18 miles of used, new and rare books. Yeah, I'd be in complete and utter heaven. I don't get vacations all too often because of the rescue and it being so darn hard to get away from for even a couple days but I'm determined to make it to the Strand Bookstore one day.
The Herd Archives
- ► 2016 (392)
- ► 2015 (496)
- ► 2014 (585)
- ► 2013 (565)
- Surf's Up anthology w/ Davidson, Bangs and Denison...
- Zachary (A to Z)
- Yodeling.....cats. (A to Z)
- WOTO Mini Challenge #1!
- Stolen (Women of the Otherworld #2) by Kelley Arms...
- April Hot Reads!
- X....uh....um....yes,okay....x (A to Z)
- True Confessions (Gospel, Idaho #1) by Rachel Gibs...
- What in Thunder?!? (A to Z)
- Follow Friday- the break up!
- Used Bookstores and Vacation! (A to Z)
- Things I wish had NEVER been in my mouth! (A to Z)...
- Spooky Foods! (A to Z)
- Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor #1) by Jill Shal...
- Running late! Reduce, Reuse and Recycle! (A to Z)
- Quirks (A to Z)
- Smart and Sexy (Sky High Air #1) by Jill Shalvis
- Follow Friday - the fight!
- Preston's Penis (A to Z)
- High Stakes (Vegas Vampires #1) by Erin McCarthy
- Oatmeal Cookies (A to Z)
- Naked Edge (I-Team #4) by Pamela Clare (A to Z)
- Hunky Hero Giveaway Hop!
- Come Hell or High Water (Broken Heart #6) by Miche...
- My Little Corner of the World (A to Z)
- Lollipops (A to Z)
- Follow Friday
- Ketchup (A to Z)
- Tallchief by Dinah McCall (April Random Read)
- Just the girls. (A to Z)
- the I-Team and Pamela Clare (A to Z)
- Just a Hint- Clint! (Visitation, NC #4) by Lori Fo...
- Heroes (A to Z)
- Ride the Fire (Firefighters of Station Five #5) by...
- Gladys Joy (A to Z)
- Fun Foto Fails (A to Z)
- Follow Friday
- Easter Treats (A to Z)
- My Soul To Keep (Soul Screamers #3) by Rachel Vinc...
- Delicious David Gandy (A to Z)
- The Conquest (Peregrine #2) By Jude Deveraux
- Wordless Wednesday....the drive to Charlotte
- Cupcakes are the devil. (A to Z)
- Book Signings! (A to Z)
- Animal Rescue (A to Z)
- Random Reads! April: Tallchief
- ▼ April (46)