Herding Cats vs The A to Z Challenge!
This is my third year joining in on blogging the Alphabet in April!
2014 Theme: "Gasp, Sigh, Gigglesnort w/ a side of Yum"
E: Eggs in a Basket (Yum)
I love breakfast. All kinds. All times of day.
And putting them together in fun configurations.
These are pretty easy..and tasty too!
Eggs and bread. That's all you need.
Roll your bread as flat as you can.
Then trim off the crusts.
I used a jumbo muffin tin but you can also use oven safe ramekins.
Just fold your bread into the tins then crack an egg into the middle and bake.
Yeah. Don't do this.
That's better! Top with a little cheese and serve!
I just think these are so fun!
The egg is actually completely cooked through even though the yolk looks over easy.
And the bread nicely toasted :)
Do you have a favorite breakfast treat?
Are you a breakfast for dinner kinda person?
Any fun twists you've done on a classic breakfast?
Feel free to leave pictures or recipes in the comments!
Eggs in a Nest Recipe (for printable recipe click HERE)
Jumbo sized muffin tin
- Roll your bread out as flat as you can and trim off the crust
- Fit bread into muffin tin
- Crack one egg into each bread bowl
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until egg is cooked to your preference
- Season with salt, pepper. Add cheese if desired.
- Optional--Original recipe called for a bit of shredded mushroom under the egg (I don't do mushrooms so left those out)
A to Z-ers PLEASE leave your blog links!
Even if I've already visited you. I'm terrible about connecting names. lol