Racing against time, NSA Agent Joaquin Muñoz is searching for a little girl who vanished twenty years ago with a dangerous secret. Since Bailey Benson fits the profile, Joaquin abducts the beauty and whisks her to the safety of Club Dominion—before anyone can silence her for good.
At first, Bailey is terrified, but when her captor demands information about her past, she’s stunned. Are her horrific visions actually distant memories that imperil all she holds dear? Confined with Joaquin in a place that echoes with moans and breathes passion, he proves himself a fierce protector, as well as a sensual Master who’s slowly crawling deeper in her head…and heart. But giving in to him might be the most delicious danger of all.
Because Bailey soon learns that her past isn’t the only mystery. Joaquin has a secret of his own—a burning vengeance in his soul. The exposed truth leaves her vulnerable and wondering how much about the man she loves is a lie, how much more is at risk than her heart. And if she can trust him to protect her long enough to learn the truth.
Type: Erotic Romance
Heat: 3 out of 5
Rating: 4 out of 5
Cover: Meh. Not loving it at all.
Amazon | All Romance | Book Depository | BAM | Goodreads
*rubs hands together* Ahh but I do adore Black and her sexy pulse pounding Wicked Lovers series. It's hot as hell and exciting to boot.
The quick of it is that there's a big bad after Bailey because of her biological family that was killed over a decade ago when she was a very young child. A family she has no memory of. Anywho. Joaquin decides that to protect her from those after her..he's gonna have to kidnap her. *looks around* Yup. Yup. Pretty much. lol
- Bailey was an awesome heroine. She's a dancer and is a pretty strong woman. Her life goes from pretty normal and uneventful to freaking INSANE and scary as hell in a matter of hours and she held up as her past comes rushing back to her and dangers are thrown at her around every corner.
- Joaquin's pretty dang sexy even if he is a kidnapper. He had the best of intentions. Swear! ::snort::
- Whew boy the heat! Oh.My.God. Yeah totally need a fan and a glass of ice water with these two. I may have a note along the lines of Whoa! HOT kissing. Total mouth fuck. Gah but I love some hot kissing scenes. And they scorch the sheets. While it's very hot it's not really a BDSM read as I expected. Neither of them are in the lifestyle personally though there's a connection via other characters to the local BDSM club. That was fairly different. There was some curiosity on both their sides and some flub ups which was interesting to watch.
- Alas...condoms were a miss. Kills me. Seriously. Kills me. That is just such a squicky thing. Known each other 2 days and barebacking. Really now? First a slip up that they remember after the fact then because she wants to 'feel alive' damn the consequences. I just. No. No. So much no. Yes this is one that helped spark the Word from the Herd earlier this month.
- The action. Gah but the bad guy...totally freaks me out. They're nuts and run by a sicko who gets off on torture. And it's gruesome. There were some really difficult scenes and emotional ones as well as Bailey slowly started to remember her former life and the horrors it held. I seriously felt for her and everything she was put through.