The quick of it is that after being captured by the enemy and tortured Micah suffers from PTSD and addiction has gripped his life. He's at an all time low, barely holding it together and becoming more and more of a risk to his team and the dangerous missions they're sent on. Until one night he notices Jacee. A lonely bartender with a big secret and may be the only one who can save his life.
Okay. So the good things.
- I really loved the characters. Micah and Jacee were great. I enjoyed watching them together as they dealt with their issues and struggled to overcome them. There were some very heartbreaking moments for each of them and it seriously had me feeling for them.
- I loved them together and even enjoyed the fated mates storyline and how quickly the romance side of things moved because of it.
- I even liked the suspense as someone from his past seeks revenge and comes after him. You do know for a good chunk who is behind things but there was some nice action and it kept me engaged.
- It kept me reading. Even though I had some issues (coming up) I never felt like putting down the book. I like being with this team and in this world even when they frustrate me. They're good people doing dangerous work and impossible odds.
- Lack of condoms (or mention that shifters don't need them) especially when a story plot point that would null and void the whole shifter thing. I know this is one of my personal issues but gah come on people you've just met. Ewwws!
- A secondary storyline with a straight male shifter who's been given a male mate--not loving that at all--it feels very forced and like it's trying to fill the new m/m trend. I don't care for the way everyone acts like he's ridiculous for not being all on board with being mated to a male when he isn't inclined in that direction. It came up multiple times and really pulled me out of the book and bothered me.
- A very cliche run in with the 'bad guy' that had me rolling my eyes.
- And slut shaming the heroine. I love the whole shifter team. They're great guys but they really disappointed in this one. The heroine had slept with one of the other team members and because of that she was a slut to all of them and this point was made multiple times. It was incredibly disrespectful. Why she would be a slut for having been in a relationship with the other team member when they were both single and the male in question wasn't looked down on as well..I have no idea.
Do you have a favorite from Tyler?
Have a favorite PNR series?
Now under the care of the Alpha Pack’s doctors, he’s been prescribed an experimental healing drug, but he still can’t shake the nightmares. Even more damning is that Micah’s problems pose a danger to his team, and if he doesn’t get himself under control, they’ll all suffer a terrible fate.
There is a key to his salvation. Jacee is a beautiful coyote shifter, and though her kind is hated, she’s falling in love with a man whose very future is in her hands. Together they’ll face his personal demons as well as a deadly enemy—and for both of them desire has never come with such risk.
Amazon | All Romance | Book Depository | BAM | Goodreads